An opportunity for colleagues in Edmund Rice Christian Brothers Schools to gather for prayer, community building, and reflection on the life of Blessed Edmund Rice
Participants will have an opportunity to:
- learn about Blessed Edmund Rice and the spirit that animates Christian Brother schools;
- deepen their understanding of their personal call to ministry;
- appreciate more fully their own gifts that their bring to their work and relationships
- tell stories about Christian Brothers whom they remember and who have inspired them;
- build community with other teachers and staff members from Christian Brother schools
- network and share ideas with others in educational ministry;
- reflect and pray in a beautiful autumn setting overlooking the Hudson River
- relax and visit historic sites in the Hudson Valley.
- Mr. Thomas Gambardella, Campus Minister, Bishop Hendricken HS
- Mr. Vincent Mancuso, Director of Mission Integration, Bishop Hendricken HS
Linwood Spiritual Center
50 Linwood Road
Rhinebeck, New York 12572
Phone: (845) 876-4178
When: Tuesday – Friday, October 23-26, 2018
Arrival at Linwood: 3:00 pm - 4:30 PM, Tuesday, October 23rd
Departure from Linwood: Friday morning, October 26th
The cost for the program and accommodations will be covered by the Office of Educational Services. Travel expenses will be covered by the school.
What participants said about Called & Gifted
"To see our vocation as educators as a calling and the discernment of our gifts has been a real blessing – thank you!”
“This was a fabulous experience …both to get to know about the Edmund Rice schools and connect with people from all these schools. I feel part of something bigger now.”
“Great facility, powerful message”
“I didn’t realize how much I needed this.”
Teachers and staff members interested in attending should contact their principal as soon as possible.
Once they have received approval, they should consult the Travel Information page, make travel arrangements, and submit their Travel / Emergency form to Connie Barbarotto at email@example.com by October 2nd.
For more information, call (914) 636 – 6194 X 131.